Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Go down

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Post by ooptec on April 4th 2014, 2:28 pm

Just musing from off another thread .......

About the hamster wheel we call society

As well as read this in huff post http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/04/03/romeo-dallaire-veterans_n_5086818.html?utm_hp_ref=canada

Then it hit me, the bas tards get away w/the destruction of gov (read:society FOR the people) thru the fact that most are so occupied (good term ... occupation) w/chasing what it takes to stay in the herd (expectations) that no-one has time to read a newspaper, and this day in age is more than one to get any conception of what they are slipping it to us, piece by piece, to do anything about it.

People don't like to be outside the herd, just look at religion/fraternities in the US compared to here. Lots of places down there you are ostracized by being different and is the same here albeit in different directions. Tho harper is governing not from scientific/informed platforms but from his evangelical beliefs .......... so maybe not so different.

Nevermind having the free time and habit of discussing this stuff w/friends and neighbors and producing informed concensus as to where we should really be heading to our (rank and file) benefit.

bummer

I guess what was the catalyst for me was when in my 30's started a business w/o loans (learned from paying off earlier car loan) and lived in my shop for almost the first year and at the beginning would have to see something come in and out of the door (repair/sharpening shop) to go buy a box of KD for supper. I was so broke for that first year that slashed everything but gas to drum up business, parts and tools for business and food to stay alive. After it was all over never got in the habit of spending on needless/impulse things again

That's what broke the cycle for me
ooptec
Old Timer
Old Timer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Post by Davinci on April 5th 2014, 2:48 am

You speak Latin?

Most people will live and die and never learn that lesson, Ooptec. The lesson of knowing when you have enough. Greed is fashionable right now. Mindless, blind acquisition of things. It makes me tired.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxupm6dkdsY

Davinci
Old Timer
Old Timer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassy on April 5th 2014, 2:27 pm

I think that greed is a human thing. From being cave people to what we are now....we came that way because we wanted more all the time and having the ability to create.
People now have to learn about being happy with less and simple, and keep the 'having more urge' focussed on what could improve our simple life with more healthy, more loving, more caring for nature and our habitat.
Sassy

View user profile http://www.lpinemeadow.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fowler on April 6th 2014, 8:51 am

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.” - C. S. Lewis

I have been thinking long on that one for some time now. An open, accountable and transparent government that operates in more secrecy than any we've had before. We only hear a fraction of the things they put through in the omnibus bills. What we do hear about, they really seem to rely on Joe Public going back to work and forgetting about his latest freedom that was just stripped away.

Former Auditor General, Sheila Fraser on their recent maneuvers.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/fair-elections-act-slammed-by-former-auditor-general-sheila-fraser-1.2599216#vf-10493600000295

Fowler
Old Timer
Old Timer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum