Rain, Rain, Go Away

Go down

Rain, Rain, Go Away

Post by ooptec on May 29th 2014, 1:29 pm

Sigh **

I wetter out here now than was even first thing in spring. Ground is so saturated that any little bit more precip is starting to flood roads that were high and dry just last week.

Sun was out mostly all day yest but even then was still too wet late aft. to look at weeding the garden or even cutting the lawn w/o the big grass turds from soaking wet lawns.

Then had thunder showers and must gave rained quite a bit again overnight (have to get a new rain gauge) Been dark cold and lookin' like more rain so far all day again.

Noon and barely 12°C out, gonna have to put the long johns back on if keeps up lol

cheers

Supposed to start clearing this evening just in time for temps to drop and then sunny but not real warm tomorrow. Need 4-5 days of clear sun and a good breeze just to get back to merely 'wet' conditions. Even the wild trees are only 1/2 way leafed out
ooptec
Old Timer
Old Timer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rain, Rain, Go Away

Post by niglefritz on May 31st 2014, 1:41 pm

Aw, Ooptec, we did get rain (and wind, thunder and lightning) here, but it has been very hot as well. I will will some of the warmer temps back your direction. I don't think that I am all that powerful, but I will try. lol

I prefer a bit cooler, although noon and barely 12°C is pretty cold. Brrr.

We did hear recently of a burning tractor that was stuck in a field. The firetruck got stuck on the way out to it, and 2 hours later, it was still burning. The firetruck never made it to the tractor...

Last edited by niglefritz on May 31st 2014, 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
niglefritz
Straight up Addicted
Straight up Addicted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by prairie dog on May 31st 2014, 7:24 pm

We're soaked ! so tired of the rain , grass is soaked so bad that it's gotten to the point that it's dying and then the ground is slimy and very slippery !! Grass needs mowing , but doing that will leave tracks ? Not even going to think of a garden ! wife wants to put one in ,, but I'm staying away from it , had enough !!!!
prairie dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweetened on June 3rd 2014, 9:23 am

I got my main garden in last week and I have been grateful for the rain, though I dread mowing my lawn -- might kill the mower with how deep its gotten. Boy the mosquitos sure love it.

Well timed rain saves me work and gets it right for my garden. It'll turn real dry here soon.

Live like you'll die tomorrow, farm like you'll live forever.

Steadfast Farm
Sweetened
Admin

View user profile http://steadfastfarm.wordpress.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by prairie dog on June 3rd 2014, 11:51 pm

Yep , the little blood suckers are out in full force ! Mowing the tall grass takes away a hiding place , and maybe you can chop a few in the process ?
prairie dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Davinci on June 4th 2014, 4:06 am

IT's been pretty good here. The mud in the horse pen is almost dried up and then we get some rain and start all over again with mud.

Our seasonal pond (run off) was here for a while to make the ducks happy but dried up rather abruptly. I hope it killed off most of the billions of mosquito larva that were swimming around in there! A few hot days of blasting them seems to knock their numbers down quite a bit. But this warm, humid wetness, holy crackers, you don't go out unless you are coated in a cloud of DEEP WOODS .

Davinci
Old Timer
Old Timer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down