Probs in Paradise

Go down

Probs in Paradise

Post by ooptec on June 9th 2014, 1:44 pm

went out and damn banty hen had everything terrorized in juvenile section so tossed her and her baby into main coop.

Then went to feed ducklettes and found these 2 ducklets and a keet dead.

Not only dead but completely, down to the bones, eaten, except for the one stuck in the brick.

Musta been something big to eat 2-1/2 in a single night …….. not any that big holes in pen, and to scale up a 10 foot pen fence? Is 1 inch wire first 3 feet, So death from above? No real idea except quite the appetite.

fat kitty? Do have a new one of those

ooptec
Old Timer
Old Timer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Probs in Paradise

Post by niglefritz on June 10th 2014, 10:15 am

Here is a link to a chart. Don't know if it might help you solve a whole lot.

http://icwdm.org/inspection/Livestock.aspx

I would suspect the cat. They don't like to eat the things that are less meat/more feathered and so will often leave wings and often feet.
niglefritz
Straight up Addicted
Straight up Addicted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweetened on June 10th 2014, 12:44 pm

I would say mice or rats, to be honest. My cats get the dead fall, and they eat the ENTIRETY of chicks and ducks that size. Sorry for your trouble Sad

I came home a couple weeks ago and was working out in the yard, and I could hear this awful noise coming from the coop. I said, is that a bird dying? Walked over and peeked in to find the roosters had spent the day working on the 1 inch chicken wire that separates their pen. 6 chantecler roosters and one ee rooster going at it, full blown cock fight. 2 layers are blind in one eye from getting in the middle of it, I am suspicious our duck hen with the popped eye was involved in that scrap, and my old primary rooster got his face screwed up and ended up with damaged eyes. One healed, he's blind in the other. I have no idea how long they were loose, but feathers and blood everywhere, they killed my oldest rooster, beat him down so awfully.

Head up, summer's only started.

Live like you'll die tomorrow, farm like you'll live forever.

Steadfast Farm
Sweetened
Admin

View user profile http://steadfastfarm.wordpress.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down