GMO Info For Interested Members

Go down

GMO Info For Interested Members

Post by ooptec on March 25th 2014, 12:14 pm

http://www.greenmedinfo.com/guide/health-guide-gmo-research

[url[http://www.pakalertpress.com/2014/03/25/is-roundup-weedkiller-a-brain-damaging-neurotoxin/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+pakalert+%28Pak+Alert+Press%29[/url]
ooptec
Old Timer
Old Timer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GMO Info For Interested Members

Post by niglefritz on March 27th 2014, 10:52 am

Hmmm...I have heard of something like this before, but it was with something else. It was with butter and margarine. Ants went after the butter, but never touched the margarine.

Says it all, doesn't it?
niglefritz
Straight up Addicted
Straight up Addicted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassy on March 27th 2014, 12:29 pm

I've seen a youtube movie of a girl that had store bought and organic vegetables, I think it was celery. She would put it in water. The organic one would start to grow better. She did a few comparisons. An eye opener.
Yes, I also hear about the real butter and margarine.
Sassy

View user profile http://www.lpinemeadow.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ooptec on March 27th 2014, 12:33 pm

Also saw a high school kids science project in huffington post that water boiled in a microwave wouldn't grow a plant but normal tap water would. Plants were identical and side bye each
ooptec
Old Timer
Old Timer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by niglefritz on March 27th 2014, 1:12 pm

Yes, but it depends on what they put into that tap water. When our water went from well water (went dry...phooey), to municipal, it killed some of my best plants and almost claimed others' lives. Thankfully, my fern that I thought was dead now has 13 new fronds, and my oxalis has come to life again to...and is flowering. My zygos that are left are doing much, much better as well. That is only a few that are regaining their former glory.
niglefritz
Straight up Addicted
Straight up Addicted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ooptec on March 27th 2014, 1:32 pm

Below is a science fair project that Arielle Reynolds did. In it she took filtered water and divided it into two parts. The first part she heated to boiling in a pan on the stove, and the second part she heated to boiling in a microwave.

Then after cooling she used the water to water two identical plants to see if there would be any difference in the growth between the normal boiled water and the water boiled in a microwave. She was thinking that the structure or energy of the water may be compromised by microwave.

ooptec
Old Timer
Old Timer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassy on March 27th 2014, 2:14 pm

Wow, that is scary. The microwave seems to kill important nutrients and stuff. Oh dear....maybe I shouldn't heat up my food in there anymore. Or cook stuff in it like I sometimes do when in a hurry.  Shocked 
Sassy

View user profile http://www.lpinemeadow.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ooptec on March 27th 2014, 2:31 pm

W/a little more research seems the jury is kinda out on microwaves

Anti's hate them and blame them for everything (almost)

Pro's say are safe and actually retain more nutrients ...... but ...... this is always w/the caviat that as long as not overheated.

I don't know about you but frequently, and esp if EVER use the high setting it's OVERHEATED and then some.

Also pro's include in fine print as long as not reheated in plastic containers and esp reused cottage cheese etc plastic containers, or plastic bags. Hmmmmmmm .... that's me for sure

For myself ..... weighing both pro's and cons I think I'll avoid the microwave, tho can see how busy mothers appreciate the heck out of them. Heating stuff up at seemingly safer power levels like 50% or less pretty much takes as long as conventionally.
ooptec
Old Timer
Old Timer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by niglefritz on March 27th 2014, 3:42 pm

From a busy mom...

We ditched ours when it quit and opted to throw out our little toaster oven a that time too and did an experiment. I think the toaster oven was going anyway...ah, it was too small for our purposes. We also had questions about microwave safety, and let's face it, nothing comes out that great from them, and thawing our raw meat, well, you are usually stuck with a few rubbery strangely cooked pieces of meat in there somewhere. Baking is usually kind of odd too.

What we did instead is bought a larger countertop oven that has no digital stuff...just dials. It is about the same size as a microwave, so we found that we also saved on some space, which is at a premium here.

We use it for baking on hot days and warming up our food. It works well and I haven't missed the microwave one bit. Our experiment was a success.

By the way, you don't put plastic in them either, but you can put in metal if you really want to (ouch!). Laughing
niglefritz
Straight up Addicted
Straight up Addicted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down