Canadian Homesteader Underground and Small Farm Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cheap test for Soil PH

2 posters

Go down

Cheap test for Soil PH Empty Cheap test for Soil PH

Post by Ballyrag April 4th 2014, 11:53 pm

Hi All

Not sure if any of you guys test your soil for PH,  seen the test kits at supply stores and i think its way over priced so here is what i think is the less expensive option

Step one the Litmus paper/strips this stuff is cheap and you can even make your own just google how to make litmus paper
or my method online shopping Click me
The Test

1. place 1 to 3 teaspoons of soil in a small plastic or glass container

2. Fill the container with distilled water to the same level as the soil sample. (must be distilled water)

3. Stir or shake the sample vigorously for a minute. , let the sample rest for a minimum of 10-20 minutes before continuing.

4. Hold a coffee filter over the second plastic or glass container, and pour the sample through the filter to capture the solid soil particles but allow the liquid to pass through

5. Dip the litmus paper into the solution in the second container

6. Compare the color on the pH test strip to the chart provided by the manufacturer to determine the pH of the sample

Easy peasy lemon squeezy  bounce
Ballyrag
Ballyrag

http://www.karenwhiffen.isagenix.com

Back to top Go down

Cheap test for Soil PH Empty Re: Cheap test for Soil PH

Post by Davinci April 5th 2014, 2:17 am

I bought one of those soil tester kits. I thought there were too many steps, but maybe I'm just lazy. This sounds easier and cheaper.

Davinci
Old Timer
Old Timer

Back to top Go down