Canadian Homesteader Underground and Small Farm Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Living near power lines

4 posters

Go down

Living near power lines Empty Living near power lines

Post by Davinci April 7th 2014, 2:12 am

Do you?
Would you?
Is there something to the information that they cause you to glow in the dark (or whatever it is they cause). Or is this just bunkum from hysterical people?
How close is too close? How far is okay? Is it any worse than having a microwave in my kitchen?

Looked at some property today and while the enormous power lines are not on it, they are near it. Within view. There are Hydro easements registered through these properties so crews can get up to these monster lines. WHen it's quiet, you can hear the hum.

I thought there may be something to the health claims. But I'm not having babies anymore nor raising any at home. It will be ME living there, not my kid. At this age I sort of think something's going to get me eventually.

Would you consider buying property near a power line? If yes or no, how close or not?

Davinci
Old Timer
Old Timer

Back to top Go down

Living near power lines Empty Re: Living near power lines

Post by Sassy April 7th 2014, 11:01 am

If I would have a choice, I wouldn't. The humming sound would get me in time. Also I think there is disturbance on radio. When I drive by certain spots of power lines, my radio gets squeaky. I don't know how that would be when you live near one of those points. Not sure about health.
Sassy
Sassy

http://www.lpinemeadow.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by niglefritz April 7th 2014, 1:57 pm

Also, in addition to what Sassy said, there are easements. I don't know how that might interfere with any plans or privacy.
niglefritz
niglefritz
Straight up Addicted
Straight up Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenlady April 9th 2014, 11:22 am

We have powerlines right next to our property, no humming, perfect radio and tv...never had any problems.
It doesn't bother me, every rural place that is a little older have above ground powerlines coming into their yard, you don't hear them either do you?
It's electricity going TROUGH the power lines ..not radio active and doesn't travel trough the air like cellphones, wireless internet etc. and NO they don't glow in the dark lmao

Chickenlady

Back to top Go down

Post by Davinci April 10th 2014, 12:06 am

I think the easements do restrict some of the things you can do on your property, but I have not looked into that completely.

As for privacy...this is BC. The lots are small, 5 and 6 acres. They are very long and skinny so even though you may have 5 acres you could probably hit your neighbours house if you threw a rock. Privacy? Pffft.

The two nicest pieces are 5 acres for $159,000. 6 acres for $199,000. 12 acres for $220,000, but it's a difficult piece of ground.

Davinci
Old Timer
Old Timer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum