Canadian Homesteader Underground and Small Farm Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from Sweetends loyal servant!

4 posters

Go down

Hello from Sweetends loyal servant! Empty Hello from Sweetends loyal servant!

Post by Ryan March 11th 2014, 10:11 pm

I'm Ryan, Sweetends other half and generally considered to be the sane one in the relationship lol. I grew up spending a lot of time on my grandparents grain and cattle farm so some of this lifestyle comes a little more naturally to me however I quickly learned how big the gap is between seeing and doing.

From the day I was told that I had less than a week to turn an old shed without most of its roof into a chicken coop before the first birds arrived I knew my life would never be boring again! I wouldn't have it any other way however and look forward to sharing our experiences with others and learning as much as we can ourselves.

Oh yeah born on the prairies, raised on the west coast and now back home in Saskatchewan.
Ryan
Ryan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Hello from Sweetends loyal servant! Empty Re: Hello from Sweetends loyal servant!

Post by Davinci March 12th 2014, 2:32 am

Hello Ryan Servant! I would love to read your post, but your avatar is too big and has oozed out onto the typing. The same thing happened when I tried to make an avatar! I have no idea why. If you figure out what the problem is, let me know as I would like to post a picture of myself in which I look exactly like Sandra Bullock.

Davinci
Old Timer
Old Timer

Back to top Go down

Hello from Sweetends loyal servant! Empty Re: Hello from Sweetends loyal servant!

Post by niglefritz March 12th 2014, 11:34 am

Davinci wrote:Hello Ryan Servant! I would love to read your post, but your avatar is too big and has oozed out onto the typing. The same thing happened when I tried to make an avatar! I have no idea why. If you figure out what the problem is, let me know as I would like to post a picture of myself in which I look exactly like Sandra Bullock.

That is interesting. I had no problems reading Ryan's post yesterday evening. The avatar was right where it was supposed to be. I see that you got "your" picture posted now. Yes, you sure look like Sandra. Wink

Last edited by niglefritz on March 12th 2014, 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
niglefritz
niglefritz
Straight up Addicted
Straight up Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweetened March 12th 2014, 11:37 am

I noticed it on my laptop, but not on any other PC I've used. I went in and made adjustments. I will change the pixel ratio, we'll have to keep them skinnier, rather than 200x200, so try and load something that's, say, 200 high by... 150 wide? Or thereabouts anyway.

Welcome slave! Err, hubby. For the record, as it were, I don't drive. Thus, as much as Ryan loves to play off that I made him scramble for a roof, truly, he had the option to not take me, and I was backing out. The goats? Those were also his fault, I just run with it now.
Sweetened
Sweetened
Admin

http://steadfastfarm.wordpress.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Davinci March 12th 2014, 1:20 pm

Sweetyends, thanks for the avatar. How did you manage to get my 10 year high school reunion picture? I look pretty good still, just a little more gray, but aside from that people mistake me for Sandra Bullock all the time. Yup, all the time.

Ryan, Hub used to think of himself as the sane one too. Back when we first got birds, Hub was reluctant. He still does not like the butchering although we both agree our home grown birds are awesome and we feel very fortunate to have them. It gives us the edge on the store chicken eating Jonses next door, hee, hee, hee. Our only opportunity to feel superior.

I hate to admit how much time we spent last year, seating in deck chairs near the kiddy pool, watching the ducks and geese frolic in the water. We had no idea how far ducks can fling water! And then we were sad to find that the ducks and geese who lived together since babyhood, could no longer be kept together as they started to attack each other at pool time. But once we got that sorted out, it was back to sipping coffee and soaking in the pure joy of ducks in water.

People ask us what we've been up to. We say, hauling hay, feeding the horses, watching the ducks. Our set up here is faaaar from perfect, but we find our moments of peace and contentment.

Davinci
Old Timer
Old Timer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum