Canadian Homesteader Underground and Small Farm Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hot Chocolate

3 posters

Go down

Hot Chocolate Empty Hot Chocolate

Post by randiliana March 25th 2014, 3:12 pm

I am a chocoholic, love the stuff. I used to love it when it was really sweet, now not so much. Plus I have a problem with headaches.... Well, commercial hot chocolate mixes and I no longer really go well together, I mean, white sugar, fake milk (whitener), what more could you want really...... It still tastes fine to me, just the fact that it can cause a headache is a severe limiting fact for me. But really what is a chocoholic (and one that's cold all the time too) to do....

Well, I made my own mix, or rather recipe, and it is really yummy! And of course totally adjustable to your taste...

For 1 cup (regular mug)
1 TBS Cocoa (I have the really dark stuff)
1 TBS Honey
Hot Water (or I guess warm milk if you'd rather)
1/4 C Cream or Milk (or more) to your taste.

Add cocoa and honey to your cup, pour in hot water, leaving enough room to add your cream or milk. Mix and drink. And hey, if you don't like the way it tastes, play around with it. Too sweet add less honey, to bitter add some more.

Hmm, now I think I might have to try it with warm milk, rather than hot water.... Love 
randiliana
randiliana
Settling in
Settling in

Back to top Go down

Hot Chocolate Empty Re: Hot Chocolate

Post by Davinci March 25th 2014, 6:21 pm

This sounds good. I never seem able to get the cocoa to dissolve. Instead it floats around the top of my cup in this annoying, buoyant powder. I think stirring the ingredients first and adding your liquid slowly, while stirring, is the secret.

Have you tried your cocoa with a little shot of peppermint schnapps? TO DIE for!

Davinci
Old Timer
Old Timer

Back to top Go down

Post by niglefritz March 27th 2014, 11:01 am

Yes, we do this for our hot chocolate. It gets better with milk and real heavy cream. Go for it!

Davinci, all you need to do is make a paste of the chocolate, etc. before adding your milk/water. It is WAY easier and makes it much more pleasant to drink.
niglefritz
niglefritz
Straight up Addicted
Straight up Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum