Canadian Homesteader Underground and Small Farm Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Moose hunting trip (BLOOD-AND-GUTS-WARNING)

+2
Fowler
Ballyrag
6 posters

Go down

My Moose hunting trip (BLOOD-AND-GUTS-WARNING) Empty My Moose hunting trip (BLOOD-AND-GUTS-WARNING)

Post by Ballyrag April 6th 2014, 9:16 pm

This was my moose hunting trip this past Fall,  just a few pics i had

It was a big bull moose and I was in there by myself, it was a long day

downed him around 0830 and got home around 1800 I was beat

My Moose hunting trip (BLOOD-AND-GUTS-WARNING) <a href=My Moose hunting trip (BLOOD-AND-GUTS-WARNING) Moose_zps3f92409e" />
My Moose hunting trip (BLOOD-AND-GUTS-WARNING) Moose1_zps1dc93ca2
My Moose hunting trip (BLOOD-AND-GUTS-WARNING) Moose2_zps8c871a85
My Moose hunting trip (BLOOD-AND-GUTS-WARNING) Moose3_zps239f4e56
My Moose hunting trip (BLOOD-AND-GUTS-WARNING) Moose4_zpsc35b1a62
My Moose hunting trip (BLOOD-AND-GUTS-WARNING) Moose5_zps48f43760
Ballyrag
Ballyrag

http://www.karenwhiffen.isagenix.com

Back to top Go down

My Moose hunting trip (BLOOD-AND-GUTS-WARNING) Empty Re: My Moose hunting trip (BLOOD-AND-GUTS-WARNING)

Post by Fowler April 6th 2014, 9:39 pm

That been a lot of work. Well done!

My Moose hunting trip (BLOOD-AND-GUTS-WARNING) Hunting%20wabbits

Fowler
Old Timer
Old Timer

Back to top Go down

My Moose hunting trip (BLOOD-AND-GUTS-WARNING) Empty Re: My Moose hunting trip (BLOOD-AND-GUTS-WARNING)

Post by prairie dog April 6th 2014, 10:24 pm

Looking good ! always wanted to get one , but doesn't look like I ever will , but great photo's , memories for the years to come
prairie dog
prairie dog

Back to top Go down

Post by niglefritz June 16th 2014, 2:19 pm

Yum. Can I come over to help you eat some? That is my favorite meat. Ah, but I bet it is all gone by now.

My husband went elk hunting (archery) with a brother in law one year. They saw a large one, but were unable to shoot it due to a couple of frustrating factors. Too bad, but they did come back with an exciting story, at least.

We saw moose tracks close by our place just yesterday. They are finally up and out of their winter hiding places and starting to wander around where we might actually catch a glimpse of them again. Yay! They have been increasing in numbers quite a bit here over the past few years. When we moved here, you would not have seen any sign of them, but it is becoming more common now.

Hopefully our dog stays clear. The breed is used for hunting large game (moose in particular) in Norway and some other countries, but we cannot use them for that here, of course. We would have quite the problem on our hands if she decided to corner one for "the hunter." In the past, our dog has kept things cornered for "the hunter" for days, keeping her target in a specific area until they were shot. We are fortunate that she has not gone after any moose or elk yet. As much as that could be interesting, we don't want to encounter that situation.

Have you hunted moose more than once, Ballyrag?
niglefritz
niglefritz
Straight up Addicted
Straight up Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweetened June 25th 2014, 10:04 pm

Beautiful moose! Do you keep the skulls and wrack/hide?

Well done.
Sweetened
Sweetened
Admin

http://steadfastfarm.wordpress.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenlady June 29th 2014, 3:20 am

Well done, though job..but worth it..Moose meat is so delicious. I don't care for Deer, but Moose...love it.

Chickenlady

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down